Successful pilot project
Smart Infrastructure Supply Chain Logistics from Siemens AG andWITTE Digital
In a pilot project between a unit of Siemens AG’s Smart Infrastructure Germany Logistics and WITTE Digital, vehicle box delivery was tested in the Stuttgart area using digital vehicle access, with the so-called flinkey box used by WITTE Digital. In cooperation with the transport logistics company transmed Transport GmbH, which is responsible for the delivery of service material and tool deliveries for Siemens, the digital delivery process was tested on around 14 service technician vehicles.
This pilot project was successful on both sides with significant benefits:
- The flinkey box is installed and ready for use in less than ten minutes.
- During delivery, the supplier saves three to five minutes per technician vehicle.
- The risk of theft and loss is significantly reduced and vehicle tracking is also simplified.
- Increased delivery reliability as well as increased productivity of technicians by reducing the error rate in deliveries.
- Significant simplification of key management through digital use of the flinkey box.