1. Information on the collection of personal data
- In the following, we shall inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is deemed to be all data which relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- The controller as laid down in Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Provision Regulation (GDPR) is WITTE-Velbert GmbH & Co. KG, Höferstr. 3–15, 42551 Velbert, firstname.lastname@example.org , +49 2015 498-0 (cf. our legal notice). You can reach our data protection officer by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or writing to our postal address with the addendum "The data protection officer".
- If you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, we shall store the data that you have disclosed (your e-mail address, if necessary your name and your telephone number) to answer your questions. We will delete any related data after it no longer needs to be stored, or restrict the processing insofar as statutory obligations exist. Data processing for the purpose of making contact with us shall take place as laid down in Art. 6 Para. 1 Section 1(a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily issued consent.
- If we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, you shall be informed in detail about the respective processes below. We shall also specify the criteria lay down for the storage period.
2. Your rights
You shall have the following rights vis-à-vis us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You shall also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
3. Collecting personal data when visiting our website
- If you use our website for purely information purposes, i.e. without registering or otherwise transmitting information to us, we shall only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we shall collect the following technical data that we require to display our website to you and guarantee its stability and security (the legal basis Art. 6 Para. 1 Section 1 (f) GDPR:
- IP address;
- date and time of the request;
- time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- content of the request (specific page);
- access status/HTTP status code;
- respective quantity of data transmitted;
- website from which the request comes;
- operating system and interface as well as the
- language and version of the browser software.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which shall be explained below:
- Transient cookies (cf. a in this regard)
- Persistent cookies (cf. b in this regard)
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a prescribed period, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
c) You can configure your browser settings in accordance with your wishes and accept thirdparty cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website as a result.
4. Use of Google Analytics
- The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be associated with other data by Google.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting the settings of your browser software accordingly; however, please note that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to the full extent. You can also prevent Google’s collection and use of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. Your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed further in a truncated form to prevent anything from being traced directly to you. If the data collected about you allows a link to be made to you, this shall be immediately excluded and the personal data erased without delay.
- This website also uses the "demographic characteristics" function of Google Analytics. It enables the compilation of reports containing statements on the age, gender and interests of the website visitors. This data stems from interestbased advertising of Google as well as visitor data from thirdparty providers. This data cannot be assigned to a particular person. You can deactivate this function via the display settings in your Google account at any time or generally refuse the collection of your data by Google Analytics, such as in the point "Objection to data collection".
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to be able to improve it on an ongoing basis. The statistics that we obtain enable us to improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. In exceptional cases where personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google complies with the EU–US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para.1 Section 1 (f) GDPR.2
5. Use of Hotjar
- You may opt out of Hotjar storing a user profile and information about your visit to our website and Hotjar setting tracking cookies on other websites by clicking on https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
- We have signed an order processing agreement with Hotjar.
6. Use of Google Adwords Conversion and Remarketing
- We use the services of Google Adwords to promote our attractive offers on external websites with the help of advertising material (Google Adwords). We can analyse how effective the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data from such advertising campaigns. In doing so, our objective is to display advertisements which are of interest to you, tailor our website to your interests and achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- This advertising material is delivered by Google via ad servers. We also use ad server cookies, which allow us to measure certain parameters of success, such as the display of ads or clicks by users. If you reach our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your computer. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. As a rule, the unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for postview conversions) and optout information (indication that the user does not wish to be addressed again) are stored as analytical values for this cookie.
- These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Adwords client’s website and the cookie stored on the user’s computer has not yet expired, Google and the client can recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Every Adword client is assigned a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced via the websites of Adwords clients. We do not collect and process any personal data using the abovementioned advertising measures. Google only provides us with statistical evaluations. Based on these evaluations, we can recognise which of the implemented advertising measures are particularly effective. We do not receive additional data from the use of advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify users based on this information.
- Your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server as a result of the marketing tools used. We have no influence over the scope and the further use of the data which is collected by Google as a result of using this tool, so we provide you with the information at our disposal: with the use of Adwords conversion tracking, Google is informed that you have visited the corresponding section of our website or have clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google can assign your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not signed into your account, the provider may recognise your IP address and store it.
- There are several ways to prevent your participation in this tracking process: a) by making the corresponding change to your browser software; in particular, by rejecting thirdparty cookies, you will not receive ads from thirdparty providers; b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by configuring your browser settings in such a way that cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com" are blocked, using https://google.de/settings/ads; these settings will be deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interestbased ads of providers who are part of the selfregulation campaign "About Ads" using the link http://aboutads.info/choices; these settings will be deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by means of permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers using the link http://google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that you may not have full use of all the functions of this website as a result.1
- The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Para.1 Section 1(f) GDPR. Further information regarding Google’s policy on data privacy is available here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy und https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google is subject to the EU – US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Besides Adwords Conversion, we use the application Google Remarketing. It is a process that we use to contact you again. Our ads may be embedded if you continue to browse on the Internet after visiting our website. This is done by means of cookies stored in your browser, which are used by Google to record and evaluate your usage behaviour after visiting various websites. In this way, Google can determine that you have visited our website on a prior occasion. According to Google’s own statements, Google does not merge the data collected in the context of remarketing with your personal data, which may be stored by Google. According to Google, pseudonymisation is used for remarketing in particular.
Google also uses reCAPTCHA on our websites. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
reCAPTCHA is used to check whether the data entered on our website (such as on a contact form) has been entered by a person or by an automated programme. To do this, reCAPTCHA analyses the behaviour of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis begins automatically as soon as the website visitor accesses the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates different information (e.g. IP address, how long the visitor has been on the website or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis is disclosed to Google.
The reCAPTCHA analyses run completely in the background. Website visitors are not informed that an analysis is taking place.
Data processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para.1(f) GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in protecting their website offer from abusive automatic spying and from SPAM.
7. Embedding Vimeo videos
- We have plugins of the video portal Vimeo. The provider is Vimeo Inc. 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA, integrated into our online offering.
- If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, you enable Vimeo to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
8. Embedding Google Maps and Web Fonts
- We use the services of Google Maps (offered by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) on this website. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and allows you to use the convenient map function.
This page uses Web Fonts, which are provided by Google for the uniform display of written fonts. When accessing a page, your browser loads the required Web Fonts into your browser cache to display text and fonts correctly.
To do so, your browser must connect to the Google servers. In this way, Google is informed that our website was accessed via your IP address. Google Web Fonts is used in the interests of uniform and attractive display of our online offers. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR.
If your browser does not support Web Fonts, a standard text will be used on your computer.
9. Use of our portal
- If you would like to use our portal, you must register by entering your e-mail, your choice of password and user name. You are under no obligation to use your real name; you can access the function using a pseudonym. We use the double optin procedure for the registration, i.e. your registration will only be concluded if you have confirmed your registration beforehand via a confirmation email sent to you for this purpose by clicking on the link contained therein. If you do not send a confirmation within 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. You must provide the aforementioned data; the provision of all other information is voluntary through the use of our portal.
- If you use our portal, we shall store the data required from you to fulfil the contract and possibly also information on payment methods until you fully delete your access. Furthermore, we will store data provided by you voluntarily for the time of the use of the portal, insofar as you do not delete it beforehand. You can administer and amend all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para.1 Section 1(f) GDPR.
- If you use the portal, your data on the contractual performance may be disclosed to other participants in the portal. Members who have not signed in will receive no information about you. Your user name will be visible to all members who have signed in irrespective of whether you released it, or not. In contrast, your entire profile with the data provided by you shall be visible for all members who have confirmed you as a personal contact. If you disclose content to your personal contacts that you do not send by private message, this content will be visible to third parties if your personal content has agreed to this. If you write contributions in the public groups, they will be visible to all members who have signed into the portal.
- The connection will be encrypted per TLS technology to prevent unauthorised access of third parties to your personal data, in particular financial data.
10. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Section 1 (f) GDPR, you shall have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR insofar as grounds exist which result from your particular situation of if the objection relates to direct advertising. In the last case, you shall have a general right to object to us implementing without providing a specific situation.
If you would like to assert your right to revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in this regard.
11. Data security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method during the website visit in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, there is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You will recognise whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We will also use suitable technical and organisational measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures will be improved on an ongoing basis in line with technological development.